At the end of the year it’s time to look back at what you have achieved. In my case: a continuous feed of minimal 2 spots a day (sometimes 3). I’ve reached a total of 1000 posts. And, most important, I hope that I inspired you, my dear reader, to go out there and travel the world!
Because I love making lists: here’s my Top 25 of 2011. Places I’ve visited and got my heart pounding a little bit faster
1. Best date. Everyone is asking me the same question day in and day out: are you making money out of Petite Passport? Not yet, is my answer (hope to turn that around in 2012) but I received something way more important by blogging my way through hotspots: the greatest man alive! And it all started with a date at Mazzo, April 2.
2. Best hotel. Witt Suites Istanbul. I went there for a report for Dutch Marie Claire (not yet published) and got upgraded to the terrace suite with the most beautiful view ever from a hotel room (see photo).
3. Best (new) restaurant. Keuken/Deli in Utrecht
4. Best (new) fashion shop where I want to buy everything: Another Labels Amsterdam
5. Best b&b to take your kids: RueDarwin17 Bruxelles
6. Best orange juice: Coutume Café Paris
7. Best airline magazine: Scanorama
8. Best airline: Vueling. A yellow airplane: if you aren’t happy to fly away to another country, the color therapy does the work for you.
9. Best interior store: Espoo Antwerp
10. Best detail in a hotel: masks as bedlamps in Mamashelter Paris
11. Best bar: Bobby Gin Barcelona
12. Best place to take your lover for a romantic dinner: Lion Noir Amsterdam
13. Best breakfast: Oliv Café Berlin
14. Best toilet: Mordisco Barcelona
15. Best chiringuito: Gallito Barcelona
16. Best candy store: Cox, cookies & cake London
17. Best honeymoon hotel: Giri Residence Ibiza
18. Best shoes I bought: Toms at Lizard Lounge Portland
19. Best business card: Table no. 1 Shanghai (visited by contributor Rik)
20. Best opening in my home town: Pierre
21. Best bath for lovers in a hotel: Sala Samui Koh Samui (visited by contributor Babs)
22. Best spaghetti: Jamie’s Italian London
23. Best sea food restaurant: Pez Vela Barcelona
24. Best destination for a shopping spree: Stockholm
25. Best magazine store: Paper Cut Stockholm
See you next year! xoxo