There’s one thing I love in the beginning of the new year: the SoHBMEO Trendlist 2012. Why? It’s not a normal HOT or NOT list, but they write about things I usually smile about behind my desk (and let that be one of the trends of 2012 as well random smiling). Like: stop staring at your laptop (busted!), pranayama party’s (I’m a yogi so I know what it is, but WTF?), take of your glasses (help!) and have erotic dreams.
They also have a couple of TRENDS I can relate to with the stuff I’m writing about.
- In London already a big thing. No more reservations, but standing in line. See what they write about this Qing policy on the website of Meat Liquor – very funny.
- Schetsen en etsen. Drawing is a big thing at the Doodle bar in London.
- They also write about countries. France is IN. Just like China. And the German language. That’s not something I can relate to with my content.
- Shared interest groups met in the online world. I met my boyfriend via Petite Passport. And I love tweeting with my friends from Belgium, Philadelphia, Spain, Mexico, Greece and the Netherlands about travelling and visiting the newest spots.
- Fluffy duvets. Big fan of that. If hotels don’t have them… #hateit
- In travel they mention the following TRENDS. Undiscovered cities. Europe. Relaxing holidays. Home exchange. Spontaneous trips. Travelling with a goal. Travelling the minimalistic way. Holiday in your own home. Affordable luxury.
- In your interior. Day Beds. I guess the one in Aire de Bardenas is a good example.
- A bath in your sleeping room. Like the one in High Road House?
- Wood & Stone - seen in Sao Paolo at restaurant Baglioni.
- Hamburgers – new recipes. Oh my: thought the hamburger trend belonged to 2011. You can’t visit a city without a honestly produced & therefor hip hamburger shop.
- Pop Up Restaurants. I’m already into the pop up hotel trend (like Llove Hotel in Tokyo and Paradise Project in Tulum) – but it’s a great concept. Especially because young creative entrepeneurs who don’t have enough money to open a restaurant, can show the world their thing.
- Wohnzimmer bars. Coming straight out of Berlin ofcourse, see the lounge of the Michelberger Hotel where you can enjoy some time with all the books and the great couches. There’s even a dog. But the lounge of the Story Hotel had better couches.
- I want to add the stylish butcher. The couple of years we were all skipping meat to do the vegan thing. But Save on Meats, Kottbaren and the newly opened Slagerij de Feijter shows us that you can be a stylish meat lover.
- And about blogging: blogging is more about quality blogging in 2012. Hope that I serve you some quality the upcoming months
More about the report on www.hbmeo.com
What do you think is hot in 2012?