I’M GOING TO BARCELONA, ANY TIPS?

July 9th, 2013

barcelonasummer2013

Tomorrow around this time I will be having lunch in my favorite city: Barcelona. I can’t wait to soak up the sun, visit all the cool new addresses (is it hard to get a reservation at Pakta?) and travel around in the area. I’m looking forward to go on a roadtrip to the Costa Brava and dive into the clear blue water (the photo above is taken there last year). I will be staying there for Summer with one or two trips back home. Working with the sound of the sea on the background, a fresh watermelon in my hand while thinking about the story angle for Red Magazine y practicar a hablar el Español.

I will share a lot on Twitter and Facebook, but if you really want to jump into my virtual suitcase I’ll invite you to join me on Instagram. See:www.instagram.com/petitepassport

And if you have recommendations? They are always more than welcome!

See you in Spain! Beso, Pauline

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “I’M GOING TO BARCELONA, ANY TIPS?”

1. Sergio Torre says:

Hello Pauline!
    Already found a hotel to visit and stay?
    Mu suggestions in Barcelona are, with no specific order:
    - Barcelo Raval
    - Chic & Basic Born Hotel
    - Room Mate Pau
    - Casa Camper
    - The Mirror Barcelona
    - Room Mate Emma
    - Hotel Denit
    - Chic & Basic Ramblas
    Have a nice trip! ;)

2. ivet says:

Dear Pauline!
    As i know you like Grupo Tragaluz ( i can see Hotel Omm and Pez Vela restaurant) in this picture, and as you will be travelling around Costa Brava, try Tragamar! you will love it! It’s Grupo Tragaluz’s restaurant in Costa Brava, located in one of the nicest fisherman town in the area: Calella de Palafrugell. Check it, i’m sure you’ll love it! http://www.grupotragaluz.com/
    Have a nice trip!

3. Trini says:

Don’t forget to visit Sant Marti d’Empuries! Nice and quiet place.
    Also is nice Aiguablava to do snoorkel. Have a nice trip!

4. cuartadeseis says:

This is a place I discover here:

and it’s very nice!

Buen viaje. Bon viatge.

5. Evelien says:

Hallo Pauline

Moest je naar Calella de Palafrugell gaan, dan zou ik ook deze even checken. Plekje bij het grote ronde raam zou ideaal zijn!

Geniet van de zon!

6. RTWgirl says:

Pinotxo and El Quim in La Boqueria for tapas!!! I loved going to the market and getting fresh juices and a pastry to eat along Las Ramblas and wander. I’m dying to go back. I was very sick when I was 2 years ago and need a refund.

If you have a chance, please try to go to San Sebastian in Basque country in the north. It’s along the border of France and amazing. Beach town and some of the best food in the world. I can go on for hours about it. If you do decide to go let me know…I went for 3 days and stayed a month. :)

7. ruud says:

Hangar, an incredible nice hang out for creatives in Poble Nou…. You can hire spaces and even live there

8. Kelly says:

Hi Pauline, just got back from a trip to Barcelona. Further recommendations to the ones above are:

Hotel Granados 83, in the Eixample district, a very nice designhotel. From there you can visit the following restaurants which have been among the best restaurants I’ve ever eaten at:

For lunch you should definitely go to Alba Granados. Located just around the corner from the abovementioned hotel (http://www.grupalba.com/)? A lunch and dinner place for locals, with high cuisine. Trybtheir babysquid with fresh aioili.

For sushi / japonese lunch or dinner: El Japones, part of the tragaluz group and located in the best and trendiest street in Barcelona (Eixample district) Before, you can have a drink at the bar.

For sushi / japonese lunch or dinner: Ikebana Barcelona (http://ikebanasushibars.com/), located in El Born. Defenitely try the copacabana sushi! The restaurant is a mix between japonese and brazilian food and well decorated. Very friendly staff as well.

For the perfect seafood platter or fishermans paella, visit Restaurant Merendero de la Mari near the harbour (http://www.merenderodelamari.com/). Well visited during lunchtime, mostly by locals.

For fridaynight dinner and drinks: visit Negro-Rojo Located on the upper part of the Diagonal, in the
    middle of Barcelona’s business district, Negro-Rojo has two
    spaces clearly differentiated and with their own personality. Upstairs, Negro. International cuisine in a modern environment. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights are extended until
    2 in the morning with DJ music and drinks. (http://www.Grupotragaluz.com).

For foodpictures of the above restaurants (and more food in Barcelona) you can have a look at my instagram http://instagram.com/mskellyamber

9. Elisabet says:

Hello Pauline!
    It’s the first time I read your blog. As I’m from Costa Brava I’d like to give you some tips!
    Don’t miss Hostal Empúries between l’Escala and Sant Martí d’Empúries for a superb organic meal by the sea and in a cool designed hotel. It is located next to the Greek and Roman ruines of Empúries. They are worth a visit!
    You should definitely visit Cadaqués and Cap de Creus, where the Pyrinees reach the Mediterranean see.
    Aiguablava is a beautiful cala (small beach) where you can enjoy a paella by the sea. (next to Begur)
    Get lost in the small towns in l’Empordà.
    Stroll along the coast following the “camí de ronda” (part of GR92) which connects all the towns in la Costa Brava. The most beautiful part runs between S’Agaró and la Conca beach (in the municipality of Castell-Platja d’Aro), although most of the parts are wonderful!
    I hope you enjoy my homeland!
    Elisabet

10. laurens says:

hi pauline,
    I was just reading your blog for the first time an saw chez coco and especially the ONLY real beach club in barca: gallito.(although the food is not the best ever..)
    here some more places we love:
    “paco meralgo” :go their for lunch,make sure you sit at the bar.
    “koy shunka” THE japanese restaurant of barca.
    “monvinic” great food,incredible wines.(also by the glass,let them arrange it,the wine chef is really good).
    and then “la clara” on gran via,this is a top secret.
    the place itself is not so interesting..but the food is amazing,ferran adria is eating here with his wife all the time,I have seen him there twice.hopefully you like them.
    groetjes laurens

• petitepassport says:

Hi Laurens,

Thanks for your comment! I’m glad I’m not the only one loving Gallito that much :)

Thanks for the other recommendations as well. Will definitely check them out soon!

Best wishes, Pauline